Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Who Wants A Timeout?!?



















Ahh, the terrible two's have finally arrived. What can I say, Kaitlyn has been a model citizen for 1 year and 50 weeks, but all good things must come to an end. The last couple of weeks have become a bit more challenging and Kaitlyn has finally recieved her first "official" timeouts. What led us to it? Jumping on the sofa, a kid's favorite pastime of course. After being told to sit down, she decides against it and jumps again, another warning, another jump. I said, well if you want to jump, go jump in timeout then. At first, it was a fun game for her, but now she is coming to the conclusion that perhaps timeout isn't so fun. We'll see how it goes from here with it.

On a side note, Kaityln has decided if her baby dolls don't obey her, they must go to timeout. So she'll have them do something they aren't supposed to and then put them in timeout. Heck, yesterday she put her purple ball in timeout, too cute. So she is definitely understanding that disobeying the rules leads to timeout.

The "Girls' Weekend", that is the weekend I was left alone with the girls, went very well. It took a little while for Baby Mia to take the bottle from me, but once that was working, it was fine. I did have to get up in the middle of the night both nights, but luckily the Olympics were on to pass the time, so it wasn't too bad. The Girls and I mostly just had tea parties, did puzzles, played, ate, and slept. All and all things went great, better then I had hoped, but we were all very very happy when Shelly returned Sunday morning (me especially)!

Big things this upcoming weekend, Kaitlyn's Second Birthday and our Sixth Wedding Aniversary. I can't believe it has been so quick, both of em.

-Adam

No comments: