
Yesterday was Halloween and you know what that means... lots of candy! Daddy can I have some Mini M's (M&M's)? Daddy can I have a Kit Kat? Daddy can I have one more? Since Kait doesn't normally eat much candy, we splurged, or should I say Kaitlyn and I did (Mia and Mamma didn't have any, maybe 1).

So we started out yesterday carving our pumpkin. Kaitlyn helped me scrape the seeds and gunck out. She wasn't too thrilled with that part of the job, she wanted to draw the face (maybe next year... or in 6 yrs.) In about a half hour the pumpkin became a Jack O' Lantern so it was time to get in our costumes and head to the neighborhood Halloween Party. Kaitlyn and Mia were matching Charger Girls (Cheerleaders). I was Philip Rivers and Shelly was a Witch. We shot some family photos in the yard, tough getting a 2 year old and 4 1/2 month old to smile on cue, but we tried.

Shelly and Kait went to the party while I got the house ready for the Trick or Treaters. Kaitlyn was shocked to see so many spooky costumes at the party (it's all the kids in the neighborhood and their folks, some much older), so she didn't have the best time looking at blood and guts and scary masks and things. But Shelly reported the party was a blast.

Then Auntie Heather, and Cousins Wes and Madeline came over to trick or treat. The kids hit up the nieghborhood and came back with their pumpkins full of loot. It was Kaitlyn's second time trick or treating, but the first time she really could say "Trick or Treat" and "thank you" after getting her treats. It was too cute. Meanwhile, Daddy and Mia passed out candy to the kids. Our favorite costume was a kid dressed as a Banana.

All and all it was an awesome day. Already looking forward to next years.
-Adam

No comments:
Post a Comment